So…I know, I know. It’s definitely been a few minutes since I last posted…once again.
I honestly have been so busy and it makes me so upset that I can’t find time to post because I really have made some awesome recipes that I want to share with you all!! And it makes me more upset because almost every post I start with an apology for not being around as often as I’d like! BUUUUT…GUESS WHAT!
THIS GIRL IS DONE WITH THE SEMESTER AND IS READY TO POST POST POST!
OH and of course, I will be cooking! Especially because the real chef in the house (mother dearest) is going to be bed-ridden for the rest of the year because she just had surgery on her feet!
So make way fellows, the next chef is in DA HOUSE
Okay well, let me just say, this was made a while ago. My mom made it while I was at work, so when I came home after a long day…this little beaut was there waiting for me!♥
I came home, made myself some tea, and enjoyed my moms left over peanut butter “pudding” that she decorated, oh so wonderfully! The rest was in a pie dish on top of a homemade graham cracker bottom, but this was definitely good enough for me!
Because it was so scumdiliumcious, I asked my mom to give me the recipe to share with you all! Now this might get a bit tricky, so read carefully…
Peanut Butter Yogurt Parfaits:
-1/2 cup Peanut butter (obviously)
-1 whole 32 oz. container of Vanilla Yogurt (we use Dannon’s Light & Fit fat free vanilla yogurt…usually in a purple container)
Then for the chocolate layer she used sugar free chocolate pudding and fat free milk. ((Just use the instructions on the box…you literally just mix ’till it’s thick and BOOM. Done.))
Then…take a parfait dish and layer it up how ever you would like with the two puddings and decorate as cutely as your little heart desires.
PHEW…I hope its not as hard to make as it was to explain! 😉
Keep in mind…the longer it sits, the more like peanut butter it tastes!
So there y’all have it. If you didn’t catch on…ITS DA SIMPLEST OF DA SIMPLEST SWEET TOOTH FIX. So make it. Enjoy it. Let your tummy be the happy tummy it deserves to be!♥
BUT WAIT A SECOND. WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING?
Nowhere…that’s right…you know you’ve made the right decision if you’re still reading to get to my BOMB.COM FRENCH TOAST
Look at that…do you seee that awesome crisp?
Ahhh, I can just taste it all over again! Okay…but I won’t say no more…here’s the recipe so you can make your tummy happy x2.
Bomb.Com French Toast: (makes 2 servings)
-4 slices of Ezekiel Bread (or any whole wheat toast of your choice)
-1/2 cup cottage cheese (not a big cottage cheese fan? no problem, use low fat ricotta instead!)
-1/2 scoop of protein powder (this gives it a sweet vanilla flavor and extra protein, but its optional. If you don’t use it, I would add a couple drops of stevia or a 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt)
-1 tsp of cinnamon
-1 banana sliced
– 2-3 tsp agave or honey
– 1-2 tbls unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
-pinch of cinnamon
1. Make sure you have a medium sized pan, sprayed lightly with Pam, over medium heat, hot and ready for your sandwich.
2. The secret to crispy french toast is this crucial step: Toast the bread first!
3. Once that pops out of the toaster, evenly distribute the banana slices inside the bread. (1/2 banana per sandwich!)
4. Mix all the ingredients, from the first part in a bowl, and evenly spread that inside your toasted bread, over the banana slices.
5. Next mix the egg, milk, and cinnamon in a separate bowl and dip both sides of your sandwich in the mixture. Your fingers are supposed to get little messy, so if this happens, you’re doing it right.
6. Now you place it on your ready to go, hot pan, and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until its a nice golden, crispy brown! I usually cook them once on each side for the full amount of time, and then once more for half the time…just because I’m a crispy-food-fanatic. :p