Good afternoon my fellow foodies,
Kay. So. It’s Sunday Funday, and I decided to watch my mom make a new recipe for pancakes (hence why our Sundays are fun..experiments are the best!) however, these are probably the most flavorful and best ones she has made yet!
Idunno, maybe the trick was the blueberries and crisp perfection that did it for me, but they definitely brought a wonderful memory of summer breakfasts back into my tummy :p
And even though it’s Fall (with an inevitable hint of winter kicking in) pairing them with WF’s blueberry syrup and hot, lightly sweetened tea , made the most wonderfully warming breakfast. It was blissful.
Just a quick warning before I continue, these aren’t the most healthiest pancakes on the planet, but they’re delicious none the less, and I guarantee you have all the ingredients sitting in your cupboards right now!
But here…I won’t keep you waiting any longer.
-1 cup all purpose flour
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 tbsp sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon
-3/4 cup of milk
-2 tbls lemon juice
-zest from half a lemon.
-2 tbls melted butter
-1 cup blueberries (we used fresh, but frozen work just the same!)
1. First in a small mixing bowl, combine the milk with lemon juice and set aside for a few minutes.
2. While that sits, mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Then come back to your wet mix and add the rest of the wet ingredients except blueberries. But be sure to mix your melted butter in at a lukewarm/room temperature.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and once they’re mixed well, add in your blueberries. Allow to sit for a few more minutes. (Allows lemon flavor to enhance a bit.)
5. On a medium/large pan over low/medium heat, generously spread coconut oil or butter on the pan just enough to cover, and place 3-5 little pancakes on the pan. Let sit for about 1-2 minutes until browned and flip for same amount of time.
6. Place on a plate with syrup of your choice, and enjoy! I chose blueberry, for a little more blueberryness. You can also add whip cream to make it extra pretty!
ENJOY IT GUYS AND LET ME KNOW WHATCHA THINK!!