So I woke up one Sunday morning with a goal.
My goal was to make pancakes. I didn’t care what kind, I just wanted to make them…and well, I threw some stuff together, some eggs, some chia, some blueberries, some banana, some chocolate, some spinach, some cottage cheese, some yogurt, some coconut flour, some peanut flour…and some more stuff but I really don’t know. I thought they were pretty uniquely cool…but I did so much stuff to them that I normally wouldn’t…so the steps may get confusing, but I’d thought I’d post it anyway for any of you that are up to the challenge.
So when I attempted to make them pretty, first they were like this…
So I cut them into fourths, stacked them, added some more sauce and a few more blueberries, and they were like: BAM. PRECIOUS.
So here’s what I actually used:
1/2 scoop Chocolate whey protein
15 grams 12% dark peanut flour
2 tbls coconut flour
60 grams (1/2) banana
1/2 cup (6 tbls) egg whites
9 grams (2/3 tbls) chia seeds
a big handful of spinach
1/3 cup blueberries
3 tbls coconut almond breeze milk
1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
LOOOL…I’m kind of scared for you to try these…they’re different, I should just warn you. But aside from them being different, I’m even a still bit confused on what the steps are. So just, go along with it.
1) First, I let the almond milk and chia seeds set. So put those two things together, mixing them from time to time…you will eventually find them to become a pudding like consistency.
2) Make your sauce…mix 1/4 of your chocolate protein, yogurt, cottage cheese, and 1/4 of your banana together. I didn’t add any stevia, but you can if you want some more sweetness.
3) Now your cake mix is going to consist of the rest of the chocolate protein, coconut flour, peanut flour, egg whites, spinach, and the rest of your banana. Blend to a pancake consistency. Then add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
4) Spray a frying pan with cooking spray, over a low heat (I used canola, but I really wish I had coconut spray! :(( )
5) While you wait for your pancakes to cook, your chia seed mixture should be ready. So add your blueberries, and set them in a microwave for about 50 seconds. When they’re done they should be hot enough to smash easily with a fork and mix into the chia seeds. It will almost look like blueberry jam. You made add an added sweetener of your choice. I used clear stevia, but I would recommend that or agave.
6) Between each pancake, add a thin layer of your chia mixture. So pancakes, chia mixture, pancake chia mixture, pancake…you get it.
7) Then drizzle half of your chocolate banana sauce, and drizzle on top when all the pancakes are done. Have fun with it, and make a cool design. Then cut it into fourths and stack them on top of each other. Pour on the rest of your sauce.
Then you may enjoy your pancakes. But if you were ever wondering what happens to make pretty pancakes after I make them, here’s a little preview….
Muahahahahaha! I don’t know why, but I find them to last longer when I eat them like this, and it’s probably the easier way to eat pancakes too…hehe.
But no worries, you can look at it’s beauty one last time… 😉
And with a side of vanilla caramel tea (MY FAVORITE) which you can barely see because our new tables were finally installed! DON’T YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH MORE THAN THOSE UGLY YELLOW TABLES WE USED TO HAVE? YAYAYAYAY!