Okay, so it’s still taking me a while to figure out how I am going to add my other page with my thoughts on fitness, and my workouts and things like that. I’m sorry about that but I’ve been so busy with trying to get things done before school starts. I start classes in 3 weeks..actually less then 3 weeks, and I’m super nervous and I still have summer work that I haven’t finished. I don’t procrastinate, but when it comes to summer and my free time, it just naturally happens. 🙈
But anyway, I managed to figure out a protein filled, sweet, delicious, awesome, moist, cinnamony and bananany (definite words in my dictionary) and it’s just wonderfully wonderful. I don’t have much to call it but banana cinnamon French toast is simple enough. 😜
So ingredients needed are:
2 slices of either cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread or just whole wheat bread of your choice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg white
1/2 cup of nonfat greek yogurt or vanilla Light and Fit nonfat Greek yogurt
4-8 drops of vanilla liquid stevia or 1 tsp of sweetener of your choice- you can use honey, agave, truvia, or the like. (Please don’t use Splenda…a post is soon to come of my thoughts on that crap, but the sooner you stop using it, the better.)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk (I used coconut)
1/2 tbls coconut oil
1 tbls ground flaxseed (optional)
3 chopped pecans/walnuts (optional)
Extra fruits of your choice and shredded coconut, if you’d like 😊
1) First make the dip for your bread. Whisk the egg white, half the cinnamon, half of the almond/coconut milk, and half your stevia or sweetener.
2) Now heat a large enough pan on low heat to fit both pieces of bread on. When hot enough, spread your coconut oil on it.
3) Now take your bread and dip into the mixture you made in Step 1…both sides . Now set that on to your heated pan and let sit for at least 3 minutes on each side or until it reached your desired crispness.
4) While the sides cook, you can make your banana “icing”. Take your yogurt and mix it with the rest of your sweetener, and the rest of your coconut milk, and flaxseeds. Then smash your banana and mix it in there too.
5) Once the bread is ready, cut the slices in half and add your mixture in between each layer. Top it with your chopped nuts and, if you desire, extra banana slices, cinnamon, shredded coconut or fruit of your choice.