I just came up with a flavorful crepe recipe that I think you all are going to love.
If you know me well enough…which some of you may not, but for any of my friends secretively checking out my blog out there…you will know that my favorite sweet combo is bananas, blueberries, and peanut or almond butter. Its my favorite. I don’t know why, it’s just that when I eat it I get this warm bubbly feeling on the inside. My taste buds thank me more than the times when I was a kid and my mom would make my favorite chocolate cake. ANYWAY, getting off track now, where was I?
OH YES. My favorite combo…well, yeah. So then I came up with a pancake mix with that flavor, and then decided to add some banana. But then I was like but banana tastes good with chocolate too? And here is how my crepes were created.
Here’s what you will need:
1 tbls peanut flour
1 tbls coconut flour
2 tbls oat flour
3/4 Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cellucor protein powder
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tbls almond milk (add 1/2 – 1 tbls more if it is still too thick)
4 drops of vanilla liquid stevia drops
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tbls coconut flour
1/4- 1/3 cup Low fat cottage cheese
1/4- 1/3 banana
1 1/2 tbls chocolate caramel protein powder
2-3 tbls almond milk
4 drops of toffee liquid stevia drops
1. In a small cup, (I use a my Magic Bullet blender) blend the flour, protein powder, egg whites, and almond milk.
2. Either grab another small cup, or transport the batter to a different cup, mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
3. Now add half the blueberries to the batter, but DO NOT blend them. Just mix them in whole. Now over a small pan, melt 1 tsp of coconut oil over it and add the batter. And don’t worry about the whole blueberries sticking out, just move them around to where you want them to be :p
4. Flip it after about a minute. Now on the blueberries side! Well give it about 40 seconds and they will start to pop…by now you should be able to press down and break them all. Let this side cook for a little bit longer than the other side and them move it to the plate. No need to flip it back over…you don’t want to over cook it!
5. Repeat the procedure to the other half of the batter (because you should be able to make 2 medium size crepes.
6. Drizzle on your sauce and top it with the rest of your blueberries to make it pretty 😀
And then when you break into the crepe, you’ll be able to see this gooey blueberry scrumciousness. Sorry the lighting isn’t the best…it was pretty cloudy this morning, so I didn’t have much sun coming through 😦
So what are you doing sitting here still reading this? GET TO YOUR KITCHEN AND COOK UP THESE BABIES. COME ON. CHOP CHOP.
BUT WAIT. Before you go, I just want to remind you….don’t forget to come back and let me know what you think! 😉 OKAY NOW GO GO GO.