So this Saturday, I spent mostly with my beautiful Mommas!
First thing was first, I made breakfast. I never skip breakfast, and that’s a fact. But most mornings, I crave something salty but I also crave something sweet..(I always have a sweet tooth…breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so that’s not surprising) so I decided I needed to make my 2 favorite wraps…but for the sweet wrap I actually decided to try something different!
The top half is my absolute favorite wrap to make…I have one of them just about every day.
The bottom half is something I decided to experiment with; inspired by my favorite sweet wrap to make…which I don’t make every day. So i cherish it like no other.
Unfortunately, I don’t have a specific name for my salty wrap so I’ll call it Amazingness #1.
For a full version of Amazingness #1, click HERE.
1 Low in Carb Tumaro’s Gourmet Tortilla (split in half)
3 tbls 100% egg whites (I use Daily Chef 1oo% Liquid Egg whites, from Sam’s Club)
2 slices Jones Canadian Bacon
1 handful of fresh Spinach
6 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
Spices: Garlic, Black Pepper, Mrs Dash Original, Sea Salt
1. Cook you tortilla over the stove top until cooked properly. I usually cook each side first for 10 seconds, then 8 seconds (each side), then 5 seconds (each side) then 3 seconds..and depending on if it’s burning or just browning I’ll either be done or do it for another 3 seconds. Don’t ask why I do this, it’s just my little routine so I’m used to it :p Then I fold it in half and rip it as if I were ripping a piece of paper.
2. On a skillet, over medium/low heat, cook your egg whites as if you were cooking an omelette. Spice with black pepper. When done, put if on your first half of the tortilla.
3. Next, over the same heat cook your Canadian Bacon on each side for about 2 minutes, until browned and a little crispy. If you don’t like it too crispy, don’t cook it for so long! Put it on top of the egg whites on the tortilla.
4. Now saute your spinach! Use the other spices: garlic, black pepper, mrs dash orinial, and a pinch of sea salt. (personally I don’t use sea salt, so it’s not required if you don’t want to use it.) Now spread it over your Candian Bacon!
5. Add your cherry tomatoes! And add your Sriracha! You may also use avocado, which I usually do, but I forgot to 😦 WHICH EVER YOU CHOOSE, WRAP THAT BABY UP AND JUST DEVOUR IT. I know I do…so I know you will…and it’s totally okay…don’t be shy.
Close ups are the best. Look at the colors in that beauty.
Now for the sweet version of Amazingness #2!
My original favorite, which this was inspired from, has not been posted mostly for the reason that I have not gotten a picture for it. “Why?” you may ask? Hahaha, well, that’s because I eat that deliciousness up before I ever get a chance to…so don’t worry. I will get one soon.
Anyway, here’s what you will need:
1 half of the tortilla
1/4 cup Fage nonfat Greek Yogurt
1/4 scoop Peanut Butter Marshmallow whey protein
Your perfered amount of butternut squash (only because I forgot to measure it :x)
1/4 cup or less of fresh blueberries
A little less than 1/4 cup Original Bran Fiber One cereal
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tbls PB2
1. Mix your fage, peanut butter marshmallow whey, and PB2 together. Then spread on tortilla
2. Add your butternut squash on top.
3. Now your blueberries.
4. Next your Fiber One cereal.
5. Sprinkle that cinnamon and EAT THAT BABY UP TOO. And if some falls out the back end, don’t be afraid to just lick your plate…no need to be embarrassed. I do it all the time.
Another colorful wrap of deliciousness.
And there you have it my friends, a delicious breakfast of both salty and spicy! I always eat the salty first and sweet second, but you can eat it whichever way works for you…either way, I’m sure you will be satisfied with your meal 🙂
Now that I was fueled for my day, I could go to work with my mom! My mom works at the hospital, and I love the hospital environment, hence, why I want to work in the hospital one day…but anyway, everyone is just so friendly all the time. Always smiling, saying hello, and just all around kind and nice, I love it! So I enjoyed that…then I sat in my mom’s desk updating this blog! So that was very fun. Time FLEW BY. Then I helped my mom out with some of her work and all of sudden we were good to go!
Of course, my mom and I were hungry for lunch. So we decided to stop at this 100% Organic Bakery called Avalon and try some new pastries that we haven’t tried before. I swear to you that place is AMMMMMAAAAAAAZZZZZINNNNNGGGGGGGG.
I tried their Purely Peanut Butter Cookie, Vegan Chocolate Chip cookie, flourless Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter brownie, Carrot cake, Cinnamon Monkey bread, and Pecan French toast. Before I could take a picture, my mom had already taken a bite from all of them…so then I took a bite of them, and yeah…they were gone before I could even pull out my phone.
So next time!
But then we went out for some Chicken Fattoush Salads!
AND LOOK AT THE CHICKEN ON THIS THING. LIKE, WHERE’S THE SALAD!?!?
You can definitely say I got my protein in at that meal!
& my beautiful Madre…
And of course, we had to try their Nutella crepes, SOOO, we shared one of those too.
AND THEN WE WENT TO THE GYM. WOOO!
I can definitely say my cheat meal did me justice. I was very happy and satisfied and happy and full, and happy. 🙂