The top is a beautiful preview of my brothers healthy and deliciously sweet coconut, dark chocolate, and raspberry french toast I so kindly cooked up for him. And below is my salmon and sunny-side-up egg with cheesy broccoli, spinach, and mushroom sauteed salad. It ate mine, and tried a bite of my brothers…this is not something I want to skip out on, I promise.
OOOOOH MY GOSH. If you like French Toast or Eggs and Salmon for breakfast, I got two of the best things for you…RIGHT HERE.
So for my brother and I, it is the first day of summer; therefore, you gotta celebrate with a bomb breakfast right? Well, just yesterday I experimented a little bit on my brothers taste buds by making a clean “baby french toast” ((he’s not completely into the health guru yet so I still had to use one little thing that probably wasn’t the best thing for him, but for the most part, it was clean so he’s getting there!)) He reallllly liked it, so I was like okay, let’s make a meal out of it!
For myself I made Eggs & Salmon. Who doesn’t love a whole hearty sunny side up egg with some salmon for breakfast? (Well, the yolk unfortunately didn’t make it to the sunny-side, but it survived…”strong eggs equals strong muscles” that’s what I always say!) Anyway, but so salmon and eggs…kinda plain for me. So I decided to start my day off right with some veggies, and made a little side of broccoli, mushrooms, and spinach with some goat cheese. SO DELISH. Let’s get started!!!
First off, we’ll start with my brother.
Here are your ingredients:
So we have our 2 slices of organic whole wheat bread (my mom goes to a bakery next to her work that sell all organic breads and pastries),
about 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons of raspberry jam (personally, I’m not too fond of the Smucker’s brand, but that’s the only jam my brother allows me to use (don’t forget, he’s not COMPLETELY in the health guru yet) but the cleanest way to make jam is by using fresh fruit and adding your own sweetener such as Stevia or Agave–my two favorites)
2 tablespoons Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
1/2- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Agave (optional)
Extra strawberries or other fruit of your choice (optional)
1. Spread a tablespoon of the dark chocolate dreams on each slice of bread.
2. Now spread the jam on one slice of bread.
3. This is where the extra fruit of your choice come in…if you like the chunky sort of jam, I would suggest cutting up slices of whole strawberries and adding them in there. Or you can use slices of banana to add a little bit more flavor!
4. Put a medium sized saute pan or skillet over a heat between low and medium. Allow that to heat for a minute, and add half of your the coconut oil to the pan…just enough to cover up a space as big as the bread’s size.
5. (Make sure the sandwich is closed of course) And set one side of the sandwich on the coconut oil. Allow it to sit there for about a minute or longer if it is not browned to your preferred desire. Using a flipper grab the sandwich, but before you actually flip it, add the rest of your coconut oil to the pan and let it melt on there for a second. Then perform the same procedure to the other side of your bread.
6. Vuala! There is your coconut crisped, raspberry and dark chocolate french toast.
Now for the Salmon & Egg Cheesy Goodness!
So your going to need 1 salmon patty (I used Sam’s Club’s SeaPak Wild Alaskan Salmon Patties but I also make my own patties as well. It just so happened that I found these babies in the fridge and decided it was a faster way to go ;p)
A nice handful of spinach
3 oz. of white mushrooms, or even brown portabellas would work too!
3 oz. broccoli or use more! Whatever you desire!
1/2 oz of whipped goat cheese
2 tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese (not pictured)
1/4 of an avocado (optional – not pictured )
1-2 jalapenos (or more considering what your taste buds like…I used 2 bigger ones ;p — but this is also optional — not pictured)
1 tablespoon of coconut oil (not pictured)
LETS GET CRACKALACKIN’.
1. Heat half a tablespoon of coconut oil on a skillet or saute pan. Chop up your mushrooms and broccoli and begin sauteing them! Keep the heat a little to the lower side; you dont want to burn them!
2. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until desired, and add in your spinach. I sprinkled some paprika on top for a little flavor.
3. Once the spinach is nicely wilted in, add your goat cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan.
4. Once all the cheese has reached it’s way around, put it on a plate then add the rest of your parmesan so that it may melt on top, and set it to the side as you cook the rest of your meal.
5. With the rest of your coconut oil, just set it on the already heated pan–you probably will not need to change the heat, so that is all set– when the coconut oil has melted, add your salmon patty and allow it to cook for about 4ish minutes. Maybe longer if you prefer a little more crispyness.
6. Obviously, once that reaches your desired crispyness, flip it and perform the same procedure on the other side.
7. After that is done, you can put it on top of your little cheesy broccoli, spinach and mushroom salad. I would recommend spraying the pan just a little bit so that your egg does not stick to the pan and break. Take your egg, and cook it sunny-side up. Try not to break it like I did, accidentally.
8. As your egg reaches its sunny-side-up goodness, you may transfer it to your plate!
9. If you like it just like that, you can end here and DIG IN! BUT if you want a little more zest, a little more spice, a little more flavor, you can chop up your jalapenos and squish your avocado with a form. Mix it together as if it were a sauce, and just add it to the top of your patty! AND VUALA. DIG IN AGAIN MY FRIEND! Enjoy!
My avocado was not pictured here….but it is HERE VV
Shall we get up close and personal? I think we shall….
Mmmmm, that cheesyness, crispyness, and yolkyness. 😀
When I got to the end, and only had a few more bites, I decided to have some fun and make, what I like to call, “The Green Fish Tree Stack”
Let my know what you think!